New windows can enhance your home’s curb appeal and help you save money on your energy bills. You’ll want to buy the best windows your budget allows to get the most value for your property. This guide features the characteristics to look for so you can learn how to choose the right window.
A window replacement project can have a significant upfront cost, but it provides a return on investment of up to 75.1%. Even though you might want to save money on your window replacement, the cheapest option isn’t always the best. Look for a window that might cost a little more, but has a longer lifespan and improved durability. You can save time and money by getting high-quality windows in the first place, instead of buying cheaper windows that you’ll have to replace in a few years.
Besides saving money on future replacements, you can also slash your utility expenses. Superior windows have double glazing and insulated frames to keep out air drafts that could put an additional strain on your HVAC system. Our energy-efficient replacement windows at Homespire Windows and Doors allow you to save up to 35% on your energy bills.
A superior window has durable, aesthetically pleasing materials that can withstand your local weather conditions and update your property’s appearance. When manufacturers use high-quality glass, frames and seals, their windows can last a long time without much maintenance. Choose a company that offers materials of the utmost quality, so you can have them on your property for a long time.
At Homespire, our products are Made-in-USA certified and manufactured to handle the mid-Atlantic climate. Our frames are great insulators, preventing air leaks and improving your home’s energy efficiency. They’re also available in various colors and styles to complement your property’s overall design. Composite frames are usually more durable than wood and aluminum, especially with the temperature fluctuations we experience in the mid-Atlantic region.
Your window manufacturer should provide a window with the right amount of glazing, insulation and weatherstripping to perform well. They should also install your window correctly to prevent premature wear. Superior windows have the optimal performance to provide the following benefits for your home.
- Prevent drafts: High-quality windows block air drafts and solar heat from outside to keep your interior living space more comfortable throughout the day. Air drafts in the winter can cause mold and mildew to develop throughout your house. Having superior windows that insulate your home can help protect your loved ones from allergens and other unpleasant issues.
- Keep your home secure: Superior windows should have locking mechanisms and durable glass to keep your interior living space safe from intruders. The windows we offer at Homespire have cutting-edge security features, such as invisible security bars and 12-layer tempered glass.
- Reduce noise pollution: Windows with double glazing have insulating qualities that limit sound transfer into your home. You may want to upgrade your windows if you live in a noisy neighborhood and want to sleep better at night.
4. Window Pane Qualities
Older homes usually have single-pane windows that allow air drafts and solar heat to pass through them as they age. Your property needs windows with double glazing to make your interior living space more comfortable and withstand damage from outside elements. Double-glazed windows have inert gases between the panes and Low-E coatings that make them more energy efficient to help you save money on your utility bills. As you shop for the best window options, check the energy-efficiency labels to determine the window pane’s quality.
When the cold winters come, you’ll want windows that can withstand fluctuating temperatures and prevent heat loss. Homespire offers a 12-layer glass system that contains silver, silicon nitride, titanium and zinc oxide. These materials provide the optimal insulation to reduce your property’s energy loss and keep your interior living space warm in the winter. They also keep out solar heat in the summer, putting less strain on your HVAC system.
Since replacing your windows is such an involved process, you’ll want to find a product that lasts as long as possible so you won’t have to go through it again anytime soon. The window’s glass and frames should contain quality materials to give them a long lifespan. Before you sign a contract with a window manufacturer, consider the structure, brand and what materials they use. At Homespire, we offer a lifetime warranty on our windows to demonstrate our confidence in our products’ resilience and ability to withstand harsh weather conditions.
As a homeowner, you probably want to have a beautiful house that reflects your unique design preferences. Superior windows with eye-catching frames and decorative grilles can make your property stand out among the others on your block. They also let in natural light to brighten up your indoor living space while keeping out the unpleasant solar heat in the summer. You can find tinted windows that block natural light if you’d prefer to have a darker atmosphere inside.
Homespire offers custom windows to complement your home’s architecture and design. We can manufacture our window frames in various colors and styles to match your existing siding and decorative features. Discover how our windows look as you browse through our gallery of previous window replacement projects we’ve completed. Superior windows will make you proud of your property by giving you a design you love.
7. Variety in Style
A superior window manufacturer should offer a wide selection of the best window options for you. An expert in the industry can help you figure out which type of window complements your house’s color scheme and architectural style. Knowing what style choices you have can help you make an informed decision for a window replacement that you’ll enjoy for years after installation.
As a trusted window manufacturer, Homespire provides many style options that can boost your home’s curb appeal and create an eye-catching first impression outside. We’d be happy to answer any questions you may have about our windows to help you decide on the best one for your property. We offer the following windows, each with distinct aesthetic qualities.
- A double-hung window features two sashes that move up and down.
- A sliding window opens horizontally, providing a more accessible function than crank windows.
- A picture window brings in plenty of natural light and helps you enjoy the natural beauty around your home.
- A casement window provides the best ventilation to bring a natural breeze into your living space on a warm day.
- An awning window has a hinge at the top and swings outward from the bottom.
- A garden window gives you room to store your plants, so you can keep them safe from the weather while letting them get natural light.
- A bay window can provide a unique focal point at the front of your home, with three grouped glass panes that protrude out of the exterior.
- A bow window gives you more space inside the house by extending out of the front.
Contact Homespire for Superior Windows
Homespire provides superior windows for homes in the mid-Atlantic area. As a local company, we’re familiar with this region, and we manufacture and install your windows to protect your property from weather damage. Reach out to us online or call 844-789-0256 to schedule a free, in-home window analysis.